- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Former Finance Minister P Chidambaram says Demonetization will have a negative impact on GDP
MUMBAI: This week on Virtuosity, Former finance minister, and Congress leader P Chidambaram does some plain speaking against the negative impact of the government’s demonetization drive. Moving beyond economic jargon, Chidambaram describes the situation as the Prime Minister’s adventurism. In a conversation with Vir Sanghvi, Chidambaram says that to assume that this exercise will stamp out corruption or stop the black money is naïve. He also mentions that there will be a negative impact on GDP and this quarter will see a dip in growth rate and hence, there will be no jobs.
Catch the full conversation this Saturday at 10:00PM with repeats on Sunday at 10:30AM and 7:30PM, only on CNN-News18