- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Film for a Cause, unique initiative from Yes bank
MUMBAI: Short Film of 5 min on the social cause in 101 hrs! Such a tough challenge and still receiving 50000 entries from all over India proves that we have humongous talent and our young population is eager to discover and know more on the social circumstances of our Nation. YES Foundation under this unique initiative invited youngsters across the country & got an overwhelming response of 50000 entries.
The topics for these short films were ‘Random act of Kindness,’ ‘Every day hero,’ ‘Livelihood,’ ‘Responsible Citizenship,’ ‘Women’s empowerment,’ ‘Environmental Sustainability,’ ‘Elderly care,’ ‘Education for Child Right,’ ‘Animal Care,’ ‘Women’s Safety.’ It was difficult to do a detailed research on such intense topics and complete scripting, shooting editing the short film in 101 hrs. Finally 1750 short films got through the door. These movies was judged by the eminent jury Shoojit Sarkar, Vikramaditya Motwane, Pritish Nandy, Nina Lath.
On 30th October 2014 top 10 films got awarded in Mumbai by Rakesh Om Prakash Mehra followed by 2 days Film Festival.
Now in the next step of the activity top 50 movies selected by jury has been uploaded on YES Foundations you tube channel for popular choice award. The movies which will get top rating online by maximum likes will get award of Rs. 25,000, The second winner will get Rs. 15,000 and third popular choice award winner will get Rs. 10,000. The process for this online Popular Choice Award will start from 1st Dec till 14th Dec.