- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
ET Now and DuPont invite entries for ‘The Power of Shunya: Challenge for Zero’ 2
MUMBAI: ET Now in association with science company DuPont is inviting entries for the second season of its program ‘The Power of Shunya: Challenge for Zero’. The program serves as a platform for young innovators to showcase innovations and marketing strategies from science, technology and business schools across India.
The last date for registrations is 10 April, 2014. The first season witnessed ground breaking innovations and the winners were rewarded with a cash prize worth Rs 10 lakh and an all-expense paid experiential trip to the global DuPont headquarters in USA.
The program invites students to develop a science-based innovation and its marketing plan to help India achieve the aspirational goal of Shunya or zero, which means, a country with zero hunger, zero malnutrition, zero accidents, zero lives lost and zero carbon footprint.
Entries will be reviewed and anonymously judged by a jury panel comprising of scientists, business leaders and scholars.
Contestants are judged based on their product’s innovation quotient, its functionality, its potential impact and its ability to achieve the ‘Power of Zero’.
Colleges across all metros and other cities like Hyderabad, Pune, Ranchi, Anand, Vadodara, Chandigarh and Kozhikode have been invited to participate. The students can register at a kiosk in their colleges where ‘The Power of Shunya’ evangelist will guide them through the procedure and answer any queries related to the show. Students can also register online by logging onto the official website.
Moreover, a special ‘The Power of Shunya’ workshop will be held at colleges to help students understand the features of the show and the participation process.