- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
ET hike by AAP in Delhi will hit the Common Man
New Delhi: The Delhi government’s recent announcement proposing to double the entertainment tax on the Cable TV Services and DTH Services in the budget is an added burden on the common man whose main source of entertainment is the television.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), which had promised to control the prices by reducing electricity and water charges is negating by the proposed hike. Due to this, the common man will have to bear the brunt of yet again, an additional tax, as Cable TV operators will have no choice but to pass on this hike to the common man. It should be noted that Cable TV is the biggest medium for news, entertainment and education. It should also be noted that the common man is already burdened by an increase in service tax from June 2015.
The said proposal of Delhi Government is like giving a piece of bread with right hand and snatching back the same from left hand.
All India Digital Cable Federation strictly condemns the proposed hike.