- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
ET hike by AAP in Delhi will hit the Common Man
New Delhi: The Delhi government’s recent announcement proposing to double the entertainment tax on the Cable TV Services and DTH Services in the budget is an added burden on the common man whose main source of entertainment is the television.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), which had promised to control the prices by reducing electricity and water charges is negating by the proposed hike. Due to this, the common man will have to bear the brunt of yet again, an additional tax, as Cable TV operators will have no choice but to pass on this hike to the common man. It should be noted that Cable TV is the biggest medium for news, entertainment and education. It should also be noted that the common man is already burdened by an increase in service tax from June 2015.
The said proposal of Delhi Government is like giving a piece of bread with right hand and snatching back the same from left hand.
All India Digital Cable Federation strictly condemns the proposed hike.