- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Discovery to air a new show with Bear Gerylls
MUMBAI: Discovery has announced that on its new show ‘The Island With Bear Grylls’, a group of ordinary men have willingly put themselves through a survival show. Grylls puts them all to the test in order to answer the question, “Can modern man still cut it in the wild?” With only the clothes on their backs and some basic tools, they’re taken to a remote, uninhabited Pacific island, where they are left alone to fend for themselves for four weeks. The six-part series airs every Monday at 10 pm from 20 April, on Discovery Channel.
Each week men step out of their comfort zones and embarking on their individual empowering journeys. Amongst the group is a call centre worker, a hairdresser, a shepherd, and an ex-cop. The challenge begins as soon as Bear drops the men off on the island. Left to fend for themselves, they must work together to find shelter, water, and food. The castaways must also battle the island’s predators. By the fourth week, relations are fractured and tensions run high, and island life takes its toll on everyone.
Stripped of all the luxuries and conveniences of 21stcentury living, will they still have the spirit and resources to survive? Will they be able to summon the skills of their forefathers and find the hunter-gatherer within? And what will they learn about themselves and each other? In the final episode, Grylls visits the men on the island to see how they have coped with their experience and how it has affected them.