- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Discovery Celebrates Grand Win at PromaxBDA India 2016 Awards
Mumbai: Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific had a big win with seven awards at PromaxBDA held in Mumbai. The network picked three Golds and four Silvers showcasing a wide array of campaigns that exhibit passion and best in creative excellence.
Bagging gold, Discovery Channel’s Pearl Harbour Declassified was awarded the best documentary or factual entertainment promo. The promo offers a forensic dissection of the attack that galvanized the world and led, the very next day, to the American declaration of war.
Investigation Discovery’s Deadly Women won gold as best promo for not using programme footage; out of home category. Through creative graphics, the teaser showcases the plot of the series; investigating the motives and modus operandi of female murderers.
Winning silver, Animal Planet’s Connecting Millennials (Yeh Mera India) achieved the Most Outstanding Marketing Initiative. Animal Planet though this campaign chose the theme of celebrating wildlife of India and aimed to inspire young audience to be its ambassadors. The campaign invited millennials to come forward, take pride in the rich and varied natural heritage of India and preserve it for the future generations.
PromaxBDA Awards competitions stand for marketing excellence in the media marketing space and collectively, through its numerous regional and sector-specific competitions, are regarded as the most prestigious awards for creative endeavour in this field.
Here’s a tally of the awards: