- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
DEN Snapdeal TV-Shop ties up with Hero Electric Pioneers effort to sell electric two-wheelers on its 24×7 shopping channel
MUMBAI: DEN Snapdeal TV-Shop, a leading TV commerce company, today announced its tie up with Hero Electric, pioneers and market leaders of India’s electric two-wheeler industry, to sell electric scooters using the teleshopping platform. This is for the first time that consumers would be able to buy electric scooters through TV shopping. It also marks the expansion of DEN Snapdeal TV- Shop’s corporate portfolio, which will now include automobiles.
In the special show, DEN Snapdeal TV-Shop anchors are joined by experts from Hero Electric to demonstrate the electric two-wheeler and answer customer queries. The first show went on the air today and the response has been overwhelming.
Commenting on the development, Maneesh Goel, CEO, DEN Snapdeal TV-Shop, said, “We are delighted about this development and it puts us on the road on a new journey into the hitherto unexplored terrain of selling automobiles using TV commerce. I believe TV shopping is the right medium for a product like an electric two-wheeler with viewers getting in-depth information on the product—what kind of features it has and the benefits it offers. This will enable customers to make an informed choice on buying the product. The concept of electric vehicles in India is gaining momentum because of the government’s thrust in the form of subsidies electric bikes, which is passed on to the customer.”
The shipping of the e-scooter after the booking is made is absolutely free of cost. As a special offer, viewers who book the Optima+ two-wheeler on the channel will get a gift hamper worth Rs. 3,500, including a helmet, e-bike body cover, sports watch, thermal flask and a bluetooth headset. In addition, an exclusive one-year warranty is also being extended to customers.