- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Delhi Civic Polls: News18 India and CNN-News18 gear up for MCD Elections Counting Day
MUMBAI: Nearly 54% of all eligible voters turned out to vote for Delhi Civic Polls for the 272 wards in which the BJP is locked in a triangular battle with the Congress and the AAP. The votes will be counted on April 26, but the outcome is billed to have a wider political impact, rather than merely being restricted to which party captures power at the Civic Centre, Delhi’s municipal headquarters. As the national capital awaits the results of a poll that was keenly watched and contested, News18 India and CNN-News18 will bring the most comprehensive counting day coverage with minute-to-minute updates.
The coverage would be led by Deputy Managing Editors – Kishore Ajwani and Sumit Awasthi on News18 India and by Executive Editor Bhupendra Chaubey on CNN-News18, who will be joined by channels’ team of correspondents, reporters and political analysts to bring most incisive analysis of the outcome of the MCD elections.
During the recent 5 State Elections Counting Day, News18 India and CNN-News18 were the first channels to call the elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Punjab, far ahead of the competition. It is this legacy of leadership and formidable expertise in covering elections that the channels will bring to bear upon their coverage of these key elections.