- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
CNN’s leading women: Mariah carey and CISCO’s Padmasree Warrior
MUMBAI: This month CNN’s ‘Leading Women’ profiles one of the most successful singers of all time, Mariah Carey, and one of the top executives at Cisco, Padmasree Warrior.
CNN entertainment correspondent Nischelle Turner sits down with Mariah Carey, one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with 14 studio albums to her name. Over a career spanning two decades, Carey has sold 63.5 million albums, won five Grammy Awards and 31 Billboard Music Awards, amongst many others. She has been involved with several charity organizations such as the Make-a-Wish foundation and has partnered with brands such as Pepsi, Motorola and Elizabeth Arden. Carey talks to CNN about her new album, the accident that delayed its release, and why ‘diva’ is the most overused word in history. She also opens up about her family and her twins, and how she uses social media to promote her music.
Also on ‘Leading Women’ this month, CNN meets Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology and Strategy Officer at Cisco Systems, Inc. Widely recognized for her creative and visionary leadership, Warrior was named as one of “The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women” by Forbes for two years running. She was also named one of the “25 Most Influential Women in Wireless” by Business Insider, has been awarded the Visionary Award by Silicon Valley’s SVForum and was included in The Wall Street Journal’s list of the “50 Women to Watch”.