- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
CNN wins two news and documentary emmy awards
CNN Worldwide has won two awards at the 35th Annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards. CNN’s Emmy Awards include:
Outstanding Video Journalism: News
Mark Phillips, CNN – Reporting from Afghanistan and the Philippines
Mark Phillips’ work is testament to his ability to tell a story through his pictures, not just by observing from a distance but by becoming closely involved and bringing his empathy with each subject to the fore. Phillips’ work is also defined by a deep respect and admiration for his subjects and their individual stories. In close partnership with his reporter colleagues, he secures a level of trust that allows each story to evolve organically.
Outstanding Newscast or News Magazine in Spanish
CNN en Español, Panorama Mundial
Panorama Mundial is a showcase of CNN’s resources in Latin America, bringing the most relevant stories of the region to the audience through the story telling skills of anchor Patricia Janiot. The news is presented in a variety of formats, including packages from reporters in the field who live the stories themselves; live shots from bureaus to deliver the very latest news; and dynamic segments to illustrate with graphics the events that affect daily life.
In addition to these two News and Documentary Emmy Awards, Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown won Outstanding Informational Series for the second consecutive year in the 2014 Primetime and Creative Arts Emmy Awards.