- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Celebrate this republic day with the world television premiere of ‘D-Day’ on UTV movies
Mumbai: This Republic Day, UTV Movies salutes the unsung heroes of our nation by bringing you the World TV Premiere of the blockbuster and critically acclaimed movie ‘D-Day’ on Sunday, 26th January, 2013. UTV Movies brings you a triple blast airing of ‘D-Day’ at 12pm, 5pm and 8pm on Sunday 26th January.
Directed by Nikhil Advani, the movie explores the secret mission undertaken by Indian Security Service agents who infiltrate Pakistan for a common goal – to bring back to India ‘The Most Wanted Man’ known to have taken refuge in Pakistan. These agents must tread carefully on foreign ground, even sacrificing their own identities for this daring mission. Featuring a versatile star cast – Arjun Rampal, Rishi Kapoor, Irrfan Khan, Huma Qureshi, Aakash Dahiya and Shruti Haasan, D-Day is a spy thriller that comes across as a breath of fresh air.
Interestingly, much of the action in the movie takes places in ‘actual’ Karachi locations – the red light district of Napier Road, the busy thoroughfare of Empress Market and the environs of Qasim Port, among others. The director was so impressed with Rishi Kapoor’s negative role in ‘Agneepath’, that he convinced the senior actor to take up the role of the negative role in this movie as well. Funnily enough, while shooting ‘D-Day’, director Nikhil Advani wore a pair of orange shoes for the whole duration of shooting the movie on a request from his crew members, as on the 2 occasions, he didn’t wear the shoes, the shoot got canceled.
Don’t miss the World TV Premiere of the high octane thriller ‘D-Day’ on UTV Movies on Sunday, 26th January, 2014 at 12pm