- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Catch the charming Kamini and ‘Sharmilee’ Kanchan in an exciting tale of mistaken identity
Mumbai: In an era of films where double roles for an actress was a rare opportunity, Rakhee took up one of the most challenging and successful roles in Subodh Mukharjee’s blockbuster film Sharmilee. The movie also starring flamboyant Shashi Kapoor will air for the first time on the channel on Friday, 6th March at 9 PM.
Sharmilee is the story of a pair of twins – shy Kanchan and outgoing Kamini (Rahkee), who has been overshadowing Kanchan since their childhood. An interesting turn of events unfold when a local pastor Father Joe (Nassir Hussain) decides to set up a match between Kanchan and his adopted son Capt. Ajit (Shashi Kapoor) who is already smitten by Kamini.
What follows is series of deliberate confusion between the three characters with unexpected circumstances revealing Kamini’s true nature.
The confluence of supreme acting along with brilliance of SD Burman, Sharmilee was the biggest musical entertainer of the year. The soundtrack including musical gems like peppy ‘O Meri Sharmilee’ to soul-string ‘Khilte hain gul yahaan’ to romantic ballad ‘Aaj Madhosh Hua Jaye Re’ will mesmerize the audiences of every generation.