- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Catch Snapdeal’s Co-founder and CEO Kunal Bahl discuss Demonetization
New Delhi: This week on Off Centre, Anuradha SenGupta talks to Kunal Bahl, Co-founder and CEO of digital start-up Snapdeal, who discusses his views on the demonetization drive. Calling the disruption caused by the demonetisation of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes and the curbs on bank withdrawals, 100 on a scale of 1 to 10, he says the demonetization drive will be remembered for decades. He says Snapdeal saw a 30% impact on orders in the week after the announcement but four weeks later there was a move towards the levels of before the Diwali highs. On the electronic payments side, Bahl says there’s been a 400% surge in the rate at which merchants want to convert to electronic payment and there has been a surge in the use and downloads of their payment wallet Freecharge.
He also speaks up about showing solidarity with Ratan Tata and talks about dealing with the political ire directed at Snapdeal’s then brand ambassador Aamir Khan.
Catch the full conversation on Off Centre this Saturday at 8 PM and Sunday at 12:30 PM & 9:30 PM, only on CNN-News18