- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Catch Burhan Wani’s Father Muzaffar Wani this week on ‘Off Centre’
MUMBAI: In this week’s episode of Off Centre, Anuradha SenGupta travels to Shariefabad village in Tral, J&K and meets Burhan Wani’s father Muzaffar Wani to hear how India’s oldest political problem had spawned a personal tragedy for him. In July 2016, Burhan Wani, the young Hizbul Mujahideen commander from South Kashmir was killed by security forces that led to a series of unprecedented protests and violence in the valley.
Muzaffar Wani, a mathematics teacher, and headmaster has lost two sons to the violence in the valley. During the candid conversation, he talks about how he believes that all stakeholders – India, Pakistan, the Hurriyat, the National Conference, the PDP and the BJP, need to set aside their stubbornness and try to work together to find a solution. He further adds that Kashmir has been burning for the past 27 years but whoever comes there to talk, fuels the flames with petrol, instead of using water to douse the fire.
Catch the full conversation on Off Centre this Saturday at 8 PM and Sunday at 12:30 PM & 9:30 PM, only on CNN-News18
Click on the link to watch the promo of this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2RVhh5JjJE