- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Catch Burhan Wani’s Father Muzaffar Wani this week on ‘Off Centre’
MUMBAI: In this week’s episode of Off Centre, Anuradha SenGupta travels to Shariefabad village in Tral, J&K and meets Burhan Wani’s father Muzaffar Wani to hear how India’s oldest political problem had spawned a personal tragedy for him. In July 2016, Burhan Wani, the young Hizbul Mujahideen commander from South Kashmir was killed by security forces that led to a series of unprecedented protests and violence in the valley.
Muzaffar Wani, a mathematics teacher, and headmaster has lost two sons to the violence in the valley. During the candid conversation, he talks about how he believes that all stakeholders – India, Pakistan, the Hurriyat, the National Conference, the PDP and the BJP, need to set aside their stubbornness and try to work together to find a solution. He further adds that Kashmir has been burning for the past 27 years but whoever comes there to talk, fuels the flames with petrol, instead of using water to douse the fire.
Catch the full conversation on Off Centre this Saturday at 8 PM and Sunday at 12:30 PM & 9:30 PM, only on CNN-News18
Click on the link to watch the promo of this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2RVhh5JjJE