- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Catch Burhan Wani’s Father Muzaffar Wani this week on ‘Off Centre’
MUMBAI: In this week’s episode of Off Centre, Anuradha SenGupta travels to Shariefabad village in Tral, J&K and meets Burhan Wani’s father Muzaffar Wani to hear how India’s oldest political problem had spawned a personal tragedy for him. In July 2016, Burhan Wani, the young Hizbul Mujahideen commander from South Kashmir was killed by security forces that led to a series of unprecedented protests and violence in the valley.
Muzaffar Wani, a mathematics teacher, and headmaster has lost two sons to the violence in the valley. During the candid conversation, he talks about how he believes that all stakeholders – India, Pakistan, the Hurriyat, the National Conference, the PDP and the BJP, need to set aside their stubbornness and try to work together to find a solution. He further adds that Kashmir has been burning for the past 27 years but whoever comes there to talk, fuels the flames with petrol, instead of using water to douse the fire.
Catch the full conversation on Off Centre this Saturday at 8 PM and Sunday at 12:30 PM & 9:30 PM, only on CNN-News18
Click on the link to watch the promo of this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2RVhh5JjJE