- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Cartoon Network wins “Licensor of the Year – Entertainment” at Indian Retail Awards 2015
Mumbai: Cartoon Network’s Ben 10, one of the world’s biggest boys’ franchises, has earned yet another accolade affirming its continued popularity in the market. The 4th Indian Retail and e-Retail Awards 2015 organized by Franchise India has bestowed Cartoon Network Enterprises – the network’s licensing and merchandising arm – with the Best Licensor of the Year award in the Entertainment category for the Ben 10franchise.
With over 5,000 SKUs, Ben 10 came out a clear winner among all the kids entertainment for having the largest assortment of products available across a single entertainment IP. In 2015, the franchise celebrates its 10th year and is going from strength to strength. Ben 10 licensed products are sold across all product categories including apparel, back to school, home furnishings, FMCG, publishing and many more. The brand recently launched themed tablets in partnership with Eddy – a first in the kids’ genre.
Commenting on the announcement, Siddharth Jain, Managing Director, South Asia, Turner International India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Cartoon Network Enterprises is a growing and important part of Turner’s business in India, successfully leveraging our on-air content to create household names. For a decade, the success of the Ben 10 franchise is a testament to the adoration and popularity it enjoys amongst children and our licensing partners. We are honoured to receive this award in recognition of our efforts.”