- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Bollywood comes out in support of ‘Remonetise India – A Citizen’s Pledge’
MUMBAI: The current demonetization drive has taken the nation by storm and Bollywood is not less impacted. In an act of solidarity, B-town celebrities like Anil Kapoor, R Madhavan, Shilpa Shetty, Kabir Bedi, Javed Akhtar, Shabana Azmi and Manoj Bajpayee have come together to be the agents of change to help bring India’s economy back on track.
Today, when our economy needs us more than ever, ‘Remonetise India – A Citizen’s Pledge’, Times Network’s nationwide campaign, is a call to rise and protect the world’s fastest growing economy. In a pledge to spend more in order to revive demand, aid the needy and help farmers sell their produce, the celebrities promote going cashless to make it available for those in need. The Celebrities pledge as the soldiers of the economy to help the economy grow, to help fellow citizens participate in our new economy and to teach and educate people about digitization.
Also participating in this nationwide movement are actors Sonam Kapoor, Sonu Sood, Raveen Tandon, Manoj Bajpayee, Neha Dhupia, Tisca Chopra, and Sonali Bendre along with socialite Shaina NC, ace photographer Atul Kasbekar and Bollywood’s favourite designer Manish Malhotra.