- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Bollywood comes out in support of ‘Remonetise India – A Citizen’s Pledge’
MUMBAI: The current demonetization drive has taken the nation by storm and Bollywood is not less impacted. In an act of solidarity, B-town celebrities like Anil Kapoor, R Madhavan, Shilpa Shetty, Kabir Bedi, Javed Akhtar, Shabana Azmi and Manoj Bajpayee have come together to be the agents of change to help bring India’s economy back on track.
Today, when our economy needs us more than ever, ‘Remonetise India – A Citizen’s Pledge’, Times Network’s nationwide campaign, is a call to rise and protect the world’s fastest growing economy. In a pledge to spend more in order to revive demand, aid the needy and help farmers sell their produce, the celebrities promote going cashless to make it available for those in need. The Celebrities pledge as the soldiers of the economy to help the economy grow, to help fellow citizens participate in our new economy and to teach and educate people about digitization.
Also participating in this nationwide movement are actors Sonam Kapoor, Sonu Sood, Raveen Tandon, Manoj Bajpayee, Neha Dhupia, Tisca Chopra, and Sonali Bendre along with socialite Shaina NC, ace photographer Atul Kasbekar and Bollywood’s favourite designer Manish Malhotra.