- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
AXN airs horror series ‘Penny Dreadful’ from Monday to Friday at 11 pm
MUMBAI: English general entertainment channel AXN has begun airing a horror series called ‘Penny Dreadful’ from Monday to Friday at 11 pm.
The show created and produced by Oscar nominee John Logan and Oscar winner Sam Mendes invites viewers to witness some spine chilling horror across weeknights.
The series draws upon classic characters from 19th-century British and Irish fiction along with monsters and other supernatural phenomena set in Victorian London.
Penny Dreadful is surreal, genuinely uneasy and full of horror, revolving around literature’s legendary characters from Frankenstein to Dracula.
Bond Girl Eva Green, essays the central character of Vanessa Ives, whose childhood best friend Mina Murray Harker, from the erstwhile classic ‘Dracula’, goes missing Vanessa and Mina’s father, Sir Malcom Murray (played by, ex James Bond – Timothy Dalton) team up to rescue a kidnapped Mina in season one of this horror drama.
The narrative proceeds through the origins of various classic horror stories while their characters make attempts to cope with their monstrous alienation. The series packed with dark mystery and suspense promises a mind rush to viewers.
The edge-of-the-seat-entertainment also explores personal fears of characters from their past, which prove to be stronger than vampires, evil spirits and immortal beasts.