- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
AXN airs horror series ‘Penny Dreadful’ from Monday to Friday at 11 pm
MUMBAI: English general entertainment channel AXN has begun airing a horror series called ‘Penny Dreadful’ from Monday to Friday at 11 pm.
The show created and produced by Oscar nominee John Logan and Oscar winner Sam Mendes invites viewers to witness some spine chilling horror across weeknights.
The series draws upon classic characters from 19th-century British and Irish fiction along with monsters and other supernatural phenomena set in Victorian London.
Penny Dreadful is surreal, genuinely uneasy and full of horror, revolving around literature’s legendary characters from Frankenstein to Dracula.
Bond Girl Eva Green, essays the central character of Vanessa Ives, whose childhood best friend Mina Murray Harker, from the erstwhile classic ‘Dracula’, goes missing Vanessa and Mina’s father, Sir Malcom Murray (played by, ex James Bond – Timothy Dalton) team up to rescue a kidnapped Mina in season one of this horror drama.
The narrative proceeds through the origins of various classic horror stories while their characters make attempts to cope with their monstrous alienation. The series packed with dark mystery and suspense promises a mind rush to viewers.
The edge-of-the-seat-entertainment also explores personal fears of characters from their past, which prove to be stronger than vampires, evil spirits and immortal beasts.