- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Ananya Nanda wins Indian Idol Junior
Amidst all the fanfare, the 14 year old Ananya Sritam Nanda from Odisha was announced as the winner of Sony Entertainment Television’s Indian Idol Junior. Ananya was bestowed with the trophy by none other than the Bollywood Diva, Sonakshi Sinha, ace composer Vishal Dadlani, and the comedian-turned-actor Kapil Sharma. Not far behind were V Nityashree (Chennai) and Nahid Afreen (Assam) who were the runners-up. As the winner of Indian Idol Junior, Ananya took home the winning trophy and a contract worth Rs. 10 Lakhs from Sony Entertainment Television.
Needless to say, Ananya was beyond excited with the win and said, “This is the best moment of my life. I am speechless! With the mentoring and the training I have received, I am thankful to Indian Idol Junior. I think all my co-contestants deserve this trophy. I am really thankful to the viewers of Sony Entertainment Television for showering us with so much love and support. I am going to miss this platform, training, my friends, Sonakshi Ma’am, Vishal and Salim Sir.”
The show took the country by a storm and proved that all great things indeed come in small packages. From the lengths and breadths of the country, Top 13 talented young contestants kept the energies alive for a strenuous three-month battle winning billions of hearts throughout.