- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Ananya Nanda wins Indian Idol Junior
Amidst all the fanfare, the 14 year old Ananya Sritam Nanda from Odisha was announced as the winner of Sony Entertainment Television’s Indian Idol Junior. Ananya was bestowed with the trophy by none other than the Bollywood Diva, Sonakshi Sinha, ace composer Vishal Dadlani, and the comedian-turned-actor Kapil Sharma. Not far behind were V Nityashree (Chennai) and Nahid Afreen (Assam) who were the runners-up. As the winner of Indian Idol Junior, Ananya took home the winning trophy and a contract worth Rs. 10 Lakhs from Sony Entertainment Television.
Needless to say, Ananya was beyond excited with the win and said, “This is the best moment of my life. I am speechless! With the mentoring and the training I have received, I am thankful to Indian Idol Junior. I think all my co-contestants deserve this trophy. I am really thankful to the viewers of Sony Entertainment Television for showering us with so much love and support. I am going to miss this platform, training, my friends, Sonakshi Ma’am, Vishal and Salim Sir.”
The show took the country by a storm and proved that all great things indeed come in small packages. From the lengths and breadths of the country, Top 13 talented young contestants kept the energies alive for a strenuous three-month battle winning billions of hearts throughout.