- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Akshay Kumar’s National Award Winning Performance in ‘Rustom’ on 26th May at 8 PM
MUMBAI: A gripping narrative, an award-winning performance and a deceitful mystery. In the year 1950, one of the biggest legal battles between the State of Maharashtra and Naval Officer, Rustom Pavri took the nation by storm. Three revolver shots and Rustom Pavri was the only person who knew the truth. Did he or didn’t he? Zee Cinema, the World’s Largest Theatre for Hindi Movies brings to you a case fueled by love and agony, ‘Rustom’ on Friday, 26th May at 8 PM.
Directed by Tinu Suresh Desai and produced by Neeraj Pandey, the movie touches upon various narratives including the internal politics of Indian navy, a love story, a thrilling murder mystery and a rollercoaster of emotions. Rustom stars Akshay Kumar in the lead along with Ileana D’Cruz, Arjan Bajwa and Esha Gupta. The film was critically acclaimed and was a commercial success. For his portrayal of Naval Officer Rustom Pavri, Akshay Kumar was honored with the Best Actor award at the 64th National Film Awards.
Rustom revolves around the Indian Naval Officer Rustom Pavri (Akshay Kumar) and his wife Cynthia (Ileana D’Cruz), who are happily married. All goes well until one day, he discovers his friend Vikram Makhija’s (Arjan Bajwa) love letters in Cynthia’s wardrobe and rushes to confront him. In the next few moments, three gun shots are heard in Vikram’s bedroom and Rustom walks out without saying a word. What follows next is a legal battle in which Rustom surrenders himself but halfway through the hearing, he decides to fight back. Vikram’s sister Priti (Esha Gupta) hires the best lawyers to ensure Rustom is charged for the murder.
Will the court be able to solve the web of assumptions and truth?