- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Ahemdabad celebrates Doctor’s day with RJ Archana Jani of 94.3 MY FM
MUMBAI: MY FM celebrated Doctor’s Day with Ahmadabad led by RJ Archana Jani by organizing a motor bike rally which took place around the various parts of the city spreading awareness on safe driving and ensuring a city safe from road accidents and fatalities. The city came out in large numbers to support the initiative and saw active participation from well-known doctors of Ahmedabad and MY FM Radio Jockeys. The residents of Ahmadabad answered to the call of RJ Archana Jani by showing their support in great numbers.
The rally which started at the crack of dawn saw more than 150 bikers, which were mostly medical practitioners. It was flagged off by MP Dr. Kirit Solanki, Mayor Meenakshi Patel, Ahmadabad Traffic Police Commissioner Harkrushan Patel, Deputy Commissioner Ahmadabad Municipality Siddharth Khatri and Orthopedic Trauma surgeon Dr. Hasmukh Nagwadia.
According to a recent survey the city and district of Ahmadabad have remained on the top in road accidents in Gujarat. On an average, 15,000 accidents are reported in the city and its periphery annually, or 41 accidents on a daily basis.
MY FM therefore undertook the initiative in collaboration with the prominent residents of the city to highlight this issue and create awareness about it in an innovative way.
Commenting on this initiative, Mr. Harrish M. Bhatia, CEO, 94.3 MY FM said “There is a dire need to make our cities driving friendly and pedestrian friendly, given the number of accidents that are reported every year. The only way to curb them is by creating awareness about safe driving and sensitizing the residents about the hazards of rash driving. I am very happy with the way Ahmadabad has responded to MY FM’s initiative of safe driving and I am hopeful this will bring about a change in city’s driving pattern.