- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Abhishek Sinha wins the title of Boogie Woogie Kids Championship
MUMBAI: The show that enthralled viewers across the country and created a fresh dance legacy, a journey which started with 16 contestants who came from across India has now come to an end as India’s original dance show gets its next big dancing sensation. After three months of rigorous competition and hard work, Jamshedpur’s Abhishek Sinha was crowned the winner by one and only Amitabh Bachchan himself. The finale was a visual spectacle of sorts with Jackky Bhagnani, Varun Dhawan, Nargis Fakhri, Ileana D’çruz, Anu Malik and Shreyas Talpade setting the stage on fire with their scintillating performances.
The Boogie Woogie Kids Champion, Abhishek Sinha, received the coveted Boogie Woogie winner’s trophy along with a cheque of Rs. 1 lakh sponsored by Horlicks and grand prize money of Rs. 10 lakhs by Sony Entertainment Television. The grand finale saw the homecoming of the most loved contestants of the season Urgen, Preetjyot, Bebechana and Harmi who entertained the viewers with special performances along with electrifying performances by judge Jaaved Jaaferi and host Sargun Mehta.
Ecstatic and overwhelmed with his win, Abhishek Sinha said, “I still can’t believe that I won the coveted trophy. It still seems like a dream. I am thrilled at having been chosen the Boogie Woogie Kids Champion. All I can say is a big heartfelt thank you to the judges and the choreographers for loving me and helping me achieve my dream.”