- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Aaj Tak sets new record for the 2nd week with 160 Million viewers in Week 40’ 16
MUMBAI: Aaj Tak, the Nation’s No.1 News Channel sets a new record of 160 Million viewers in the genre (Source: BARC, All India, NCCS 4+, Time: 2:00 – 26:00, Wk 40’16, Cov’000) after setting a record of 150 Million viewers just a week back during coverage of the surgical strikes.
The channel’s domination and leadership in the genre is well established and the story is no different for this week too as Aaj Tak stands tall as the clear No.1 News Channel. Aaj Tak is also ahead of GEC channels including Colors, Life OK, Sony and Zee TV (Source – BARC, TG – 4+ NCCS All, Market – HSM, WK 40’16, 02:00-26:00 All days, Cov’000).
Commenting on the ratings, Mr. Ashish Bagga, Group CEO – India Today Group said “Aaj Tak has always led the news genre by setting new benchmarks and records. The pioneering initiatives and a focus on the news viewer have always kept the channel SABSE TEZ”.