- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
A R Rehman launches Nafs at Gima 2015
Mumbai: Legendary music composer and co-founder of multichannel network, Qyuki, A.R. Rahman introduced his new band – NAFS at the biggest musical award ceremony- GIMA. Instituted by Rahman the band NAFS, is an inventive initiative to promote Indian talent internationally.
Rahman – the multiple academy and Grammy Award winner introduced NAFS during the GIMA event today. With an A Capella influences and a distinct throbbing vocal rhythm and live bass this band is indeed the sound of future. Award winning Music director, arranger and conductor Arjun Chandy of the Dallas Choir the Vocal Majority fame, was specially commissioned to groom the young band and fine-tune them to match International standards.
Commenting on the band, A. R. Rahman said, “The ultimate goal of NAFS is to spread joy. The band will strive not only to entertain musically but will also be a visual treat for its audiences in India and abroad”
The band will be powered by Qyuki, an online multi-channel network founded by Shekhar Kapur, Samir Bangara and A. R. Rahman that enables creators to build their fan following by producing and distributing videos across Youtube and other networks.