- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
92.7 Big FM honoured with seven awards at golden mikes 2016
MUMBAI: 92.7 BIG FM, India’s largest and No.1 radio network is honored with seven awards which include one gold, two silvers and four bronze medals at the most prestigious radio advertising awards- Golden Mikes 2016. The most respected and widely followed radio network 92.7 BIG FM, has been honoured with:
- Best Campaign award for ‘OLX- Purana jayega toh naya aayega’
- Best Single Commercial- IT, Telecommunications & Digital Media- Purana jayega toh naya aayega’,
- Best Single Commercial- OLX – Sunday Bech Day,
- ‘Best On Ground Promotion by a Single Station for Gaviscon- Dawaat E Ramzan’,
- ‘Best First Time Promotion for Hike Messenger’,
- Best Radio Media Innovation for Nissan Motors India Pvt Ltd- Nissan Sunny BIIIIG FM’
- ‘Best Use of Sponsorship by radio station for Saridon Big Film Review’.
The Golden Mikes 2016 saw awards being presented across different macro categories namely Effectiveness, Creativity, Promotion and Innovation. 92.7 BIG FM bagged a Gold in the Creativity category, for conceptualising the ‘Purana Jayega toh naya aayega’ marketing campaign for OLX, which not only effectively delivered the message, but also consisted of a generous dose of rib tickling humour, catchy rap, some filmy dialogues and TV show spoofs. The other campaign for OLX initiated by 92.7 BIG FM, ‘Purana Jayega toh naya aayega’, led to the radio station winning Silver in the Best Single Commercial- IT, Telecommunications & Digital Media category.
Gaurav Mehta, Chief Marketing Officer, OLX India stated, “It feels great to have won the ‘Radio Advertiser of the year’, and to have our work recognized by Golden Mikes Awards. We work with a set of great partners and a great team internally, and the credit goes to them for this achievement. Radio is an important medium for connecting with a diverse set of audience. What has worked for us from a marketing perspective is that we leverage each medium to its strength. Radio is a great medium for storytelling, and we have used it to its strength. Our success in radio advertising is due to that. Our association with BIG FM has been a fruitful one, and we look forward to doing great work with them in the future as well.”
Another successful campaign nominated in the Innovation category, Saridon BIG Film Review, helped the radio station bag it’s second Silver. The campaign smartly integrated the brand with the concept of a Film Review by roping in renowned film expert Bhawana Somaya, who instead of giving ratings to the film, would give the verdict by mentioning the number of Saridon tablets required after watching the film. The innovative and entertaining concept of assigning Saridons towards the quality of the film created a high recall amongst the listeners as well as film personalities.
Among other wins, 92.7 BIG FM’s popular campaign ‘Got a Joke, Get on Hike’ for Hike Messenger won a bronze in the First Time Promotion category. The campaign which was launched with actor Gaurav Gera aka Chutki aka Shopkeepaa for the duration of two months was further extended after receiving a huge response from the listeners. Other three wins in the bronze category came in the form of Best Radio Media Innovation- Nissan Sunny BIIIIG FM campaign, Best Single commercial- OLX- Sunday Bech Day and Best On-Ground Promotion by a Single Station for Gaviscon- Dawaat E Ramzan.
Vidur Vyas, Vice President, Marketing, Hike Messenger said, “Hike is a fun, innovative and young brand with 90% of its 100 million users below the age of 30. The ‘Chutki and Shopkeepa’ campaign aligned very well with Hike’s brand personality and helped us reach and engage our target audience across media; TV, Social, radio and on-ground.”
Spokesperson from 92.7 BIG FM said, “We feel immensely proud to be acknowledged for our path-breaking campaigns at the most prestigious awards ceremony for radio advertising. With our innovative content and engaging campaigns, our aim was to reach out to all age groups, taking into consideration their varied interests. We look forward to offering more such innovative content for our listeners, in turn making more advertisers flock to our platform.”