- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
101India.com delivers edgy, original digital content for young people who want something different
MUMBAI: 101 digital services Pvt. Ltd, a new age digital content marketing portal, has been launched by a Dubai-based media and entertainment firm – Moby Group. The start-up is spearheaded by former MTV Network’s creative head and media guru, Cyrus Oshidar.
Live since June, 101India is a digital portal serving up content that engages young Indians across diverse topics like travel and food, love, sex, music, art and culture – through entertaining videos, photo essays, blogs, and podcasts. Its aim is to delve beyond the superficial and challenge conventions by using satire and humour as powerful tools for social commentary.
Playing the dual role of a publisher and agency, 101India’s mission is to create digital franchises and distinctive IP’s. The portal promises to be one of the boldest and smartest voices for youth in the infotainment digital industry.
Speaking about 101India, Saad Mohseni, Chairman and CEO Moby Group, says, “India is brimming with possibility and untold stories, and brands are looking for new narratives that resonate with young audiences. Millions of youth experience the web as a mobile-only experience and are looking for content that reflects their outlook and aspirations – new stories for a new India”.
Cyrus Oshidar, Managing Director/Chief Creative Officer 101India, says, “We have put together an incredible team of multi-disciplined creative people with strong backgrounds in youth television, digital media and branding. They are storytellers for this generation and use their unique skills to create a deeper engagement for pure content as well as Brand Solutions for clients prepared to look beyond the usual.“
On the launch, celebrities associated with 101India such as Cyrus Broacha says, “I thought these guys were the fire brigade. But on closer examination I discovered a youth content portal with a combination of satire, humour travel and most importantly, sex. Happy to be a part of this amazing new venture.”
Raghu& Rajiv also add, “This is an exciting new venture serving up a quirkier, edgier and very different kind of content for the youth. Cyrus was our boss at MTV so we are glad to work with him again.”
In a span of just a few months, the brand has already completed building a property called “The Great Indian” for The Times of India. Some of 101India’s notable campaigns include:
- Daaku Tuition – A Daaku from the Chambal teaching grammar and etiquette. Yes indeed!
- Aunt Heather – An eccentric old aunty from Bandra and her solutions for the world.
- The Transgender Project (Third Sex) – A movement focused at driving equal opportunity for the third sex at the work place.
- Backseat – A sex and relationship chat show for millennials hosted by Mr. Gay India 2014, Sushant Digvikar.
- The IPBL: The Indian Pocket Billiards League – for VIP