- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Zomato taps Network18 executive Durga Raghunath to spearhead growth
MUMBAI: Online restaurant search and discovery service Zomato has roped in Durga Raghunath as senior vice president for growth.
Prior to this role, Raghunath was CEO of Network18 Digital where she was responsible for all their content properties, including Moneycontrol, Burrp, IBNLive and Mobile18. In addition, she was the CEO of Firstpost.
Raghunath will join the leadership team and lead the customer acquisition and retention efforts across the globe. She will closely work with the founding team at Zomato on key aspects of some of the company’s new businesses, including online ordering, table reservations and restaurant POS.
Zomato founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal said, “There are very few people who have a 360-degree understanding of how to run a business. I am excited to have Durga with us to keep Zomato on its growth trajectory for years to come.”
Raghunath said, “I have always been impressed by the way Zomato delivered true product value by getting the details right. Deepinder’s comprehensive vision for the future has made me even more certain of Zomato’s excellence.”
In 2010, Raghunath joined Network18 as VP Products to set up India’s first exclusively digital newsroom, Firstpost, from scratch.
During her career, Raghunath has also worked with The Wall Street Journal as India Editor (mobile services and new product development). She has served as the GM/managing editor of Livemint, the digital presence for HT Media’s financial daily Mint, and has also worked with HarperCollins Publishers in New York across finance and marketing planning.
Zomato is a restaurant search and discovery app, providing in-depth information for over 1 million restaurants across 22 countries. The core content features include restaurant information like scanned menus and photos.