- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Zomato rebrands, unveils new logo
MUMBAI: Undergoing a rebranding exercise six years after its launch, Gurgaon-based online restaurant guide Zomato has unveiled a new ‘heart’ logo.
In a blog post, Zomato founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal shared that the logo transcends languages and cultures. It captures the story of millions of meals and experiences being shared with a vast global community of people.
“Our world has been, and will continue to be, built around conversations over great meals. History, whenever written, has always begun with a toast, followed by a feast. So here’s a toast to you, and to us. The people who love food,” read the post.
He added that six years ago, Zomato was a little experiment, but this month, over 30 million people will use this experiment to ensure that their next meal is not a disappointment.
Zomato took birth as the founders Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah aimed to build something that would help everyone discover more than the usual.
Goyal mentioned, “Before we knew it, our colleagues and friends were using this treasure trove of information, encouraging us to do more. When we were 10 per cent of our current size a couple of years ago, we would have killed to get where we are right now. And we’re in a good place, even though we are only 1 per cent done.”
Growing at a rapid pace, the online guide aims to further help people spend more time with each other than with their phones (ironically the Zomato app is on their phone). It also looks to raise the bar for the restaurant industry by making restaurants accountable to their customers, guiding people to places that help create unique and memorable food experiences for users and provide a platform for critical feedback.