- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
ZEEL grabs Rajinikanth’s ‘2.0’ satellite rights for Rs 110 cr
MUMBAI: In a one-of-a-kind deal, ZEEL has scooped the satellite rights to superstar Rajinikanth’s sci-fi thriller ‘2.0’ for reportedly Rs 110 crore. The satellite rights are for all languages including Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
The movie, which also stars Bollywood star Akshay Kumar in the role of an antagonist, is written and directed by S Shankar, co-written by B Jeyamohan and produced by Subaskaran Allirajah, founder of Lyca Productions.
“It’s an unprecedented deal. The price of combined Indian satellite rights for the film for all the languages (Hindi, Tamil and Telugu) is Rs 110 crore. We are very happy to associate with Zee Network for the project,” PTI quotes Lyca Productions creative head Raju Mahalingam as saying.
The film, which is believed to be India’s most expensive film with a budget of Rs 450 crore, will hit the theatres worldwide on 18 October around Diwali.
During a recent conference call, ZEEL CFO Mihir Modi had said that the company would increase its investment in movie rights acquisitions, without quantifying the same.
“So, this year the investment could be a little higher than what we have been spending in the earlier years, and this is because we are kind of focusing on a certain category of films, a certain category of rights. So, you can expect slightly higher investment in movie rights this year,” Modi had said.