- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Zee Theatre firms up first 4-month tour plan across 15 cities
MUMBAI: ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Ltd’s (ZEEL) new vertical for theatre production, Zee Theatre, has announced its first tour showcasing works of some of the most acclaimed playwrights to theatre-goers across the country.
A specially curated four-month tour will commence on 14 January that will showcase plays like ‘Sir Sir Sarla’, ‘Internal Affairs’, ‘Chakravyuha’, ‘Chuhal’, ‘Jana Tha Roshanpura’, ‘White Lily’ and ‘Knight Riders’.
The first tour will feature theatre stalwarts like Makrand Deshpande, Sunil Shanbag, Mahesh Dattani, Nitish Bhardwaj, Sonali Kulkarni and Milind Phatak, among others.
Zee Theatre’s first tour will travel to key cities in Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, West Bengal and Rajasthan, staging 50 shows.
Zee Live president Anuj Talukder said, “Zee Live is committed to providing the purest form of Indian live entertainment to our audiences across the country and the world. This is a firm step forward towards re-invigorating theatre, an art form that has been a part of Indian culture for centuries. With over 50 shows spread across 15 cities, we aim to offer an unforgettable experience to audiences across the country and strengthen the entire theatre ecosystem for the future.”
The tour will be executed by ZEE Live, a division of ZEEL. The tour seeks to catalyse the growth and understanding of theatre in the country by presenting works of the most acknowledged playwrights in genres ranging from drama, suspense, social issues, musicals, classics and satires.