- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Zee Theatre firms up first 4-month tour plan across 15 cities
MUMBAI: ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Ltd’s (ZEEL) new vertical for theatre production, Zee Theatre, has announced its first tour showcasing works of some of the most acclaimed playwrights to theatre-goers across the country.
A specially curated four-month tour will commence on 14 January that will showcase plays like ‘Sir Sir Sarla’, ‘Internal Affairs’, ‘Chakravyuha’, ‘Chuhal’, ‘Jana Tha Roshanpura’, ‘White Lily’ and ‘Knight Riders’.
The first tour will feature theatre stalwarts like Makrand Deshpande, Sunil Shanbag, Mahesh Dattani, Nitish Bhardwaj, Sonali Kulkarni and Milind Phatak, among others.
Zee Theatre’s first tour will travel to key cities in Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, West Bengal and Rajasthan, staging 50 shows.
Zee Live president Anuj Talukder said, “Zee Live is committed to providing the purest form of Indian live entertainment to our audiences across the country and the world. This is a firm step forward towards re-invigorating theatre, an art form that has been a part of Indian culture for centuries. With over 50 shows spread across 15 cities, we aim to offer an unforgettable experience to audiences across the country and strengthen the entire theatre ecosystem for the future.”
The tour will be executed by ZEE Live, a division of ZEEL. The tour seeks to catalyse the growth and understanding of theatre in the country by presenting works of the most acknowledged playwrights in genres ranging from drama, suspense, social issues, musicals, classics and satires.