- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
ZDF Enterprises acquires 32.5% stake in World Media Rights
MUMBAI: ZDF Enterprises has signed an agreement to acquire a 32.5% minority stake in UK content production company World Media Rights via the holding company European Media Rights Ltd. It is ZDF Enterprises’ first investment in a UK production company.
The new investment coincides with a board restructure at World Media Rights.
Founded in 2007, World Media Rights produces factual TV programming and drama reconstruction for a wide range of international broadcasters including Reelz, American Heroes Channel and Netflix. US cable programming franchises include ‘Black Ops’, ‘Air Crash Confidential’ and ‘Myth Hunters’.
World Media Rights CEO Alan Griffiths said, “We have worked with a number of distribution businesses over the years and have found ZDF Enterprises an excellent partner who can best sell our shows internationally. This investment will help us further our ambitions by producing new types of shows in the factual entertainment space”.
ZDF Enterprises president, CEO Alexander Coridass said, “Alan is a brilliant and internationally renowned creator and producer. We have had distribution mandates of World Media Rights productions for many years and value their creative strength and economical power. Thus, it was simply the next logical step in our partnership to become a shareholder. This closer relationship will enable us to jointly produce and market even more outstanding productions for the UK, Germany and the entire world in the future.”
ZDF Enterprises’ investment is subject to approval by the Bundeskartellamt, Germany’s Federal Cartel Office.