- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
YuppTV to air 4 Viacom18 channels in Canada
MUMBAI: YuppTV, the OTT platform for South Asian content, has tied up with IndiaCast, a joint venture between Viacom18 and TV18, to air the network’s array of channels on its platform in Canada.
This partnership gives YuppTV users full access to varied Indian content aired on Aapka Colors, MTV India, Rishtey and Rishtey Cineplex.
YuppTV founder and CEO Uday Reddy stated that the company has witnessed a steady increase in demand for South Asian content, especially Indian entertainment channels, from the expat community in Canada.
“We are happy to associate with IndiaCast, which hosts some of the leading entertainment shows of today. We are confident that our users in Canada will enjoy watching our latest addition of channels,” he added.
IndiaCast Group CEO Anuj Gandhi said that the endeavour has always been to present quality and differentiated entertainment options to the Indian diaspora across the globe.
“We are now extending this option to the digital viewers through YuppTV. In this connected world, our partnership with YuppTV gives the customers the convenience to watch their favorite shows anytime, anywhere,” he added.
Following its association with IndiaCast, YuppTV now offers over 250 Indian channels to its global audience, in over 14 languages, including Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Bhojpuri, Oriya, Nepali, Sinhalese, Urdu and Bangla.
Viewers can access the updated video content by YuppTV at their own convenience on six different screens, including smart TVs, internet STBs, smart Blu-ray players, PDCs, smartphones and tablets.
YuppTV has 25,000 hours of entertainment content catalogued in its library, while nearly 2,500 hours of new on-demand content is added to the YuppTV platform every day. It offers live TV and catch-up TV. It recently launched YuppFlix, an on-demand movie streaming service for expat markets, and YuppTV Bazaar, an online marketplace for premium content curators.