- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
YouTube testing radio feature, set to launch soon
MUMBAI: Search giant Google is working on a new radio feature for its video sharing platform YouTube similar to YouTube Mix, with the primary difference that radio is meant to stream videos non-stop and also allow for personalisation.
The YouTube Radio is said to be in testing and only available to a limited number of users.
Google Operating System, which showed a screenshot of YouTube Radio’s first use, mentioned, “A non-stop radio station based on the current video. You can like, dislike and dismiss videos to tailor your radio station to your taste.”
The YouTube Radio is said to be based on YouTube Mix, which automatically creates a list of music videos (Mix is limited to 50 videos) of a particular artist and allows users to share or like other users’ playlists.
An announcement on the feature is yet to be made by the company.
Last week, YouTube announced an experimental feature for videos that allows viewers to select from multiple camera angles. The feature was currently tested for only one stream, artist Madilyn Bailey YouTube Music Night performance from the YouTube Space LA. The tool showed up under a special ‘Choose Your View’ tab on Madilyn Bailey’s channel, which allowed viewers to switch camera angles seen on and above the video stream on the right side.