- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
YouTube lists out top 10 ads for Q3
MUMBAI: Google has revealed the India YouTube Ads Leaderboard, a coveted listing of the ads that India chose to watch during the quarter ended September 2016. Combined, the top ten ads made for 2.8 lakh hours of watchtime, with nearly 72% ads getting viewed on mobile devices.
Two major trends stood out in this quarter’s list of leading ads. First, emotionally engaging ad content came out as a winning ingredient for Indian viewers. Based on the average watchtime per ad, it is clear that people are happy to invest their time on advertising that they can easily relate and connect with. In fact, seven out of top 10 ads including Bajaj, Amazon, Micromax, Pepsi, Idea and Airtel have taken this approach, which helped them engage with audiences better.
Second, a closer look at the leading ads last quarter reveals that brands are increasingly telling stories from kid’s perspective – Dettol, Madhya Pradesh Tourism and Kinder Joy’s ads have all done this, and hit the mark with their audiences.
Here is the list in full: