- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
YouTube lists out top 10 ads for Q3
MUMBAI: Google has revealed the India YouTube Ads Leaderboard, a coveted listing of the ads that India chose to watch during the quarter ended September 2016. Combined, the top ten ads made for 2.8 lakh hours of watchtime, with nearly 72% ads getting viewed on mobile devices.
Two major trends stood out in this quarter’s list of leading ads. First, emotionally engaging ad content came out as a winning ingredient for Indian viewers. Based on the average watchtime per ad, it is clear that people are happy to invest their time on advertising that they can easily relate and connect with. In fact, seven out of top 10 ads including Bajaj, Amazon, Micromax, Pepsi, Idea and Airtel have taken this approach, which helped them engage with audiences better.
Second, a closer look at the leading ads last quarter reveals that brands are increasingly telling stories from kid’s perspective – Dettol, Madhya Pradesh Tourism and Kinder Joy’s ads have all done this, and hit the mark with their audiences.
Here is the list in full: