- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Y-Films launch second web series ‘Bang Baaja Baaraat’
The series is a story of two crazy families that come together for one wedding. It stars Ali Fazal, Rajit Kapoor, Shernaz Patel, Gajraj Rao, Ayesha Raza and Neil Bhoopalam.
‘Bang Baaja Baaraat’ also marks the debut of YRF’s new find Angira Dhar, who has also been signed up by the studio.
YRF head of Y-Films talent management and producer of the series Ashish Patil said, “Y-Films has always believed in pushing the boundaries of story-telling, our first series Man’s World was just the start of that journey on the web. With ‘Bang Baaja Baaraat’, we are upping the ante on the medium with one of the most incredible star casts that a web series has ever seen in India and a cinematic vision that’s never been seen on the net. The series itself is a fantastic ride, like a mad destination wedding gone wrong.”
‘Bang Baaja Baaraat’ is presented by Lakme. The 5 part series is directed by Anand Tiwari and written by Sumeet Vyas, Amritpal Bindra and Anand Tiwari. The costumes have been designed and styled by Diva’ni, an YRF and KBSH brand.
Mindshare Fulcrum leader Amin Lakhani said, “We at Mindshare always thrive in coming up with unique ideas that connect a brand to its consumer. YRF’s forte of creating clutter breaking content and Mindshare’s expertise at driving innovations paves way for an iconic partnership. Given the grandeur and the star cast, we saw ‘Bang Baaja Baaraat’ as a great opportunity for a contemporary brand like Lakme. It has also given us a platform to engage the brand’s audience by creating interesting content around the series and its protagonist, Angira.”
The first episode premieres on Y-Films’ YouTube channel on 4 November, 2015.