- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Y Films’ ‘Ladies Room’ enters year’s best series list
MUMBAI: After racking up over 12 million views across its six episodes, Y-Films’ hit web series ‘Ladies Room’ has now been considered one of the year’s best series by Hollywood e-magazine ‘IndieWire’.
‘Ladies Room’ is also the only Indian series to make it to the list, which includes comic legend Jerry Seinfeld’s acclaimed ‘Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee’.
The third Y-Films series, ‘Ladies Room’, is directed by Ashima Chibber and produced by Y-Films head Ashish Patil.
The comedy stars two actresses from the YRF talent roster in its lead—Saba Azad and Shreya Dhanwanthary. The series is written by Ratnabali Bhattacharjee and Neha Kaul Mehra. It is presented by Tanishq’s Mia.
‘Ladies Room’ is about the madcap adventures of two 20-something Mumbai-based bffs, Dingo and Khanna. It is set in six different loos and features the two buddies as they struggle to grow up even as they grow old.
IndieWire’s Jude Dry has praised the show for its ‘high energy buddy dramatic’, noting how it made waves in India for its unconventional portrayal of two female bros. Dry calls the show ‘high farce at its best’ and states, “It may be subtitled (they use a mix of Hindi and English, called Hinglish), but ‘Ladies Room’ speaks a universal language: Damn funny.”
Earlier, series listed by IndieWire in this category have gone on to win prestigious awards like the Emmys and have been adapted for television by networks like HBO.