- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
WWE pushes presence in Germany through new deal
MUMBAI: Sports entertainment company WWE and German commercial television channel Tele 5 have announced a multi-year deal to bring WWE’s flagship programme, ‘Monday Night Raw’, back to free television in Germany.
Starting 10 April, WWE fans will be able to see the two-hour version of ‘Monday Night Raw’ every Thursday at 10.15 pm on Tele 5.
WWE combines compelling storylines with an exciting mix of in-ring action, featuring WWE superstars John Cena, Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan and many more. In the United States, ‘Monday Night Raw’ is the longest-running, weekly episodic programme in primetime TV history and it is also one of the most-watched programmes on cable.
Tele 5 CEO Kai Blasberg said, “‘Monday Night Raw’ is a phenomenal television event that fascinates people all over the world. Now Tele 5 is bringing this highlight of the entertainment industry back to the German public TV audience.”
WWE Germany GM Stefan Kastenmueller said, “WWE is thrilled to partner with Tele 5 to bring our family-friendly brand of entertainment to free TV, making it more accessible to our German fans. Our local team will be supporting this launch with multi-platform activities to bring the very best of all of our lines of business to the German market including live events, PPV, consumer products and digital services.”