- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
WWE pushes presence in Germany through new deal
MUMBAI: Sports entertainment company WWE and German commercial television channel Tele 5 have announced a multi-year deal to bring WWE’s flagship programme, ‘Monday Night Raw’, back to free television in Germany.
Starting 10 April, WWE fans will be able to see the two-hour version of ‘Monday Night Raw’ every Thursday at 10.15 pm on Tele 5.
WWE combines compelling storylines with an exciting mix of in-ring action, featuring WWE superstars John Cena, Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan and many more. In the United States, ‘Monday Night Raw’ is the longest-running, weekly episodic programme in primetime TV history and it is also one of the most-watched programmes on cable.
Tele 5 CEO Kai Blasberg said, “‘Monday Night Raw’ is a phenomenal television event that fascinates people all over the world. Now Tele 5 is bringing this highlight of the entertainment industry back to the German public TV audience.”
WWE Germany GM Stefan Kastenmueller said, “WWE is thrilled to partner with Tele 5 to bring our family-friendly brand of entertainment to free TV, making it more accessible to our German fans. Our local team will be supporting this launch with multi-platform activities to bring the very best of all of our lines of business to the German market including live events, PPV, consumer products and digital services.”