- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
WWE picks Joji George to head India operations
MUMBAI: WWE has appointed Joji George as VP and GM for India. He will replace Rukn Kizilbash, who left the organisation in October, 2015.
George will report to WWE SVP and MD international Ed Wells.
A seasoned executive with more than 15 years of experience in global media, broadcasting, entertainment, digital and live events, he has held positions with brands including Percept, Astro and Yahoo!.
His appointment precedes the return of WWE live events to New Delhi on 15–16 January, and follows the launch of WWE Network in the market last November.
“Joji is a talented professional with immense experience in leadership roles at global media and entertainment brands,” said Wells. “India is a key market for WWE, and we are delighted to welcome Joji to lead the ongoing growth of our business here.”
“I am incredibly excited to be joining WWE as we take our unique family-friendly entertainment to current and new fans in India, bringing them closer to their WWE heroes than ever before,” said George.
India has the largest WWE fan base on Facebook of any country, with more than five million page likes. As part of WWE’s ongoing commitment to creating compelling content for Indian audiences, WWE and Ten Sports Network launched ‘Raw Sunday Dhamaal’ and ‘Smackdown’, both broadcast in Hindi, on Zee Cinema.