- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
WTA, Perform’s $525 mn partnership is largest in women’s sports history
MUMBAI: The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) board of directors has approved a 10-year media agreement of more than $525 million with the incumbent partner Perform. This, the parties said, is the largest live media rights and production venture in the history of the WTA and in women’s sports.
For the first time as part of a major strategic move for the WTA, the aggregation and centralisation of all WTA tournament media rights will deliver every WTA event across linear, digital and over-the-top (OTT) offerings.
WTA chairman, CEO Stacey Allaster said, “This is a game-changing and historic moment for our fans and for women’s sport. Our new broadcast strategy to produce all 2,000 main draw singles matches in partnership with Perform will deliver exponential global exposure for our players, tournaments and partners.”
The agreement introduces WTA Media, a joint endeavour between both organisations which will deliver premium content to tennis fans worldwide. WTA Media, together with tournaments, will produce all main draw singles matches and the semi-finals and finals of all doubles matches from 2017. Furthermore, WTA Media will increase its production of news content by 40 per cent. It will also deliver additional magazine shows and significant off-court content to support the WTA’s mobile, digital and social media strategy.
Perform joint-CEO, Simon Denyer said, “We are thrilled to expand on our highly successful partnership with the WTA. We are strong believers in the exceptional sport entertainment value of the WTA and are committed to driving the value for all WTA members and partners. This deal also delivers maximum exposure to the WTA’s global fans on multiple platforms. This is a ground-breaking and innovative partnership with the WTA and is also a major first step in a significant 10-year growth plan for Perform”.