- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Wisden launches site for Sri Lankan cricket fans
MUMBAI: Wisden Sri Lanka website providing exclusive content about Sri Lankan cricket went live today.
Wisden Sri Lanka will aim to be the definitive reference point for all Sri Lankan cricket fans, no matter where in the world they are, offering unbiased reporting in both English and Sinhalese.
“For over 150 years, Wisden has been the last word on cricket around the world, a uniquely authoritative and independent voice. With the launch of Wisden Sri Lanka, the second sub-continent specific offshoot of Wisden after Wisden India that was launched in 2012, it aims at bringing the same winning combination of intelligent writing along with concise and hard-hitting reportage and analysis to the Sri Lankan audience,” an official statement said.
The site will aim to bring fans closer to the game by not only focusing on international cricket but also on grassroots and domestic cricket played around the country, capturing the unique love affair Sri Lankan fans have with the game. Sri Lankan cricket has contributed tremendously to enriching international cricket over the last three decades or so, and Wisden Sri Lanka will both showcase that heritage and diligently track the future.
The launch of the site will be followed by an app that will make it easy for the dedicated fan to stay right on top of cricketing news and views. And through Wisden Sri Lanka’s digital platforms, including Facebook and Twitter, fans will also have an opportunity and the space to engage and express their views.