- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Vodafone brings digital newsstand Magzter to its users in India
MUMBAI: Vodafone India today announced a partnership with Magzter, the world’s largest digital magazine newsstand, to offer a digital reading experience to 200 million+ customers in India.
With this association, Vodafone customers can now access over 100,000 issues of 4,000+ best-selling national and international magazines across the globe at an exclusive offer price. The service is free for a month post which the customers can continue the services starting at Rs 49 per month.
The rapid growth in adoption of digital devices such as tablets and smartphones has seen a shift in the modes for accessing traditional media. India is witnessing a proliferation in digital editions of magazines.
Speaking about the partnership, Dipankar Ghoshal, National Head – VAS and Content, Vodafone India said, “Our customer base is growing digital savvy by the day. These users are constantly looking to consume content on the go. This initiative will provide our valued customers access to over 4,000 best-selling magazines across the globe at a very attractive price. Vodafone’s partnership with Magzter is a step toward broadening our base of content partnerships that deliver a richer and more personalized experience for our customers.”
Under this agreement, Vodafone customers can get access to the most popular magazines including international, Indian and regional titles like India Today, Filmfare, Vogue India, Outlook Business, Entrepreneur, Femina Hindi, Tinkle, Nakkheeran, Kungumam and many more.
After enjoying free trial for a month, Vodafone customers can opt for one of these options:
- With Magzter Gold Lite, Vodafone customers can get unlimited access to any 5 magazines of their choice from a collection of 4000+ handpicked magazine selection at just Rs 49 per month.
- With Magzter Gold, Vodafone customers get unlimited access to 4,000+ best-selling magazines and curated premium articles. Interestingly, Magzter Gold subscription of Rs 199 per month, can be shared with up to 4 family members for free.
The magazines spread across 30+ exciting categories including automotive, business, comics, education, entertainment, fashion, fitness, lifestyle, news, politics, science, technology and travel, thereby engaging everyone in the family from 6 to 60+ years of age. The readers can enjoy unlimited access to superlative content from all the major countries including India, USA, UK, Singapore, Australia, Canada and South Africa on the go. Apart from leading Indian English magazines, Magzter also offers magazines across all the regional languages including Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati and Urdu.
This partnership between Magzter and Vodafone is sure to open up new avenues for both the companies. While Magzter is confident of adding millions of new users to its existing 35+ million user base, Vodafone sees this as an opportunity to provide compelling value-added services to its loyal customers at great value propositions.
To avail these offers, customers need to download the free Magzter app either through MyVodafone App or Google Play Store
Elaborating further on the partnership, Magzter Inc. CEO Girish Ramdas said, “We constantly look out for ways to increase our user base and also create a positive impact by propagating digital reading across the globe. In this direction, we’re very excited to partner with Vodafone in India and offer our unlimited reading service, Magzter Gold, to their users. This will bring both Indian and global content to Vodafone users at a very nominal price. We are quite confident that it will be a win-win-win strategy for Magzter, Vodafone and the users.”
Magzter Inc, president Vijay Radhakrishnan added, “The digital reading landscape is growing significantly in India and this partnership with Vodafone will help accelerate the growth of digital magazine and article readership amongst Indian consumers. Vodafone is a household name in India, UK and many other countries in Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and we are looking to extend this partnership to many regions to benefit the publishers and consumers worldwide.”