- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Vishal Sawhney joins Carnival Cinemas as COO
MUMBAI: Vishal Sawhney has been appointed as the chief operating officer of Carnival Cinemas. He will be working closely with Carnival Cinemas CEO and director PV Sunil.
Sawhney moves in from PVR. He was spearheading the business verticals at PVR Cinemas as COO and at PVR bluO as CEO.
Said Sunil, “With Vishal’s multi-disciplinary experience across functions, his strong entrepreneurial abilities, skills in translating corporate vision of expansion and a robust understanding of the various industries, Carnival Cinemas is set to achieve new altitude, as the group is strengthening its presence across varied businesses.”
Sawhney has experience of around two decades in India, the Middle East and the US, primarily in the entertainment, real estate and hospitality sectors.
Carnival Group chairman Dr Shrikant Bhasi said, “Sawhney is a pioneer in multifarious industries and will be extremely valuable as Carnival continues to grow across the country and abroad. As we look to become a larger, more integrated organisation, his extensive experience in managing and strategising operations will provide a unique perspective to Carnival.”