- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Vice Media buys majority stake in London’s Garage magazine
MUMBAI: US-Canadian digital media and broadcasting company Vice Media has acquired a majority stake in Garage magazine, a London-based bi-annual publication covering art, architecture, fashion and design.
Without disclosing the terms of the deal, Vice has also announced that it will launch a new digital video channel based on the magazine’s brand later this year.
After its acquisition, Garage will expand its editorial teams with offices in New York and London, as well as roll out more global outposts to launch local editions.
The new digital Garage channel will join Vice’s 11 existing digital sites including Vice.com, i-D (fashion), Broadly (female), Noisey (music), Munchies (food) and Motherboard (technology).
Additionally, Vice plans to launch new gaming sites this year, which are to be headed by Austin Walker, former news editor of CBS Interactive’s Giant Bomb.
Announcing the deal, Vice Media global executive creative director Tom Punch said, “Dasha and the Garage team have created an amazing product that melds the worlds of publishing and technology with art, design and fashion to create something totally unique. Garage will bring an arsenal of creative ideas and people to Vice. So we are thrilled to help Dasha grow Garage’s digital presence and bring their ideas and collaborations to new audiences around the globe”.
Launched in 1994, Vice Media operates in more than 30 countries with websites, a recently launched TV network called Viceland, a forthcoming daily news show on HBO, a TV and film production studio, as well as other divisions.