- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Viacom18 steps up action to spot counterfeit merchandise
MUMBAI: Viacom18 Media Pvt Ltd is up in arms against the menace of counterfeit merchandise, and rightly so. A recent raid jointly conducted by receivers of the Bombay High Court and representatives of Viacom18 Media found two Mumbai stores, namely Shubham Return Gifts and Eliperi Stationery, on Abdul Rehman Street, to be selling counterfeit ‘Dora the Explorer’ products.
The owners of the two stores will be summoned to the court to track the source and location of the manufacturers of the seized goods.
A Viacom18 spokesperson said, “We see this as an essential step towards ensuring that our characters are not represented on inferior, unlicensed products—which may pose health and safety risks. We are extremely grateful for the cooperation of the judiciary and the police who have executed the appropriate legal action to protect our intellectual property and to prevent inferior and potentially dangerous products from being sold to unsuspecting consumers.”