- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Viacom18 Motion Pictures uses social media to promote ‘Drishyam’
MUMBAI: Ajay Devgn, known for his performances in films like ‘Zakhm’, ‘Omkara’, ‘Gangajal’ and ‘Singham’, returns this year with his solo release ‘Drishyam’.
Produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures, the movie studio is using social media platforms innovatively to engage fans with the trailer of the film.
The movie studio released the trailer on Facebook, which went viral and the studio claims it garnered 1 million hits in 24 hours. It subsequently went on to do similar numbers on other social platforms.
The movie will release on 31 July.
Viacom18 Motion Pictures VP marketing Rudrarup Dutta said, “Drishyam is a film which is high on content and intrigue. We went ‘digital first’ with the trailer as the target was richer engagement with our audiences. We are delighted with the response on all social platforms, where not only did the trailer generate views but also a high number of likes and shares too setting the pace for a unique and innovative campaign that is to follow.”
Essaying the role of the 4th grade fail Vijay Salgaonkar, Devgn will be accompanied by Tabu, known for her performance-driven roles as IG Meera Deshmukh, a tough female top cop.
Effectively using social media as a platform, the unlock Drishyam app was launched on Facebook.