- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Viacom18 Motion Pictures launches ‘Cineshorts’ contest
MUMBAI: Aiming to provide budding filmmakers a chance to showcase their talent, Viacom18 Motion Pictures has initiated a ‘Cineshorts’ contest, allowing aspiring filmmakers to make a short film.
The initiative is timed along with the studio’s upcoming release ‘Mary Kom’ on the theme ‘Against All Odds’ which celebrates the unbreakable and resilient spirit of Mary Kom.
The contest will see participants submitting a short film of five minutes, based on a theme that resonates with the upcoming film of the studio. The contest will culminate on 30 September.
A jury comprising filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, art director Omung Kumar and Viacom18 Motion Pictures COO Ajit Andhare among others will judge the competition.
Andhare said, “There is a need to democratise the entertainment space so that anyone with the vision, drive and talent can find an ecosystem of support and nurturing to make a film. Cineshorts is a platform that ventures into empowering talent by mentoring and showcasing their promising work. We are certain that this will usher in a new talent pool for the industry.”
Bhansali added, “It’s a wonderful platform. I mean, when I started off in 1994, with Khamoshi it was a very difficult process. Today’s youth come out with new ways of looking at life. They bring in a new perspective, their whole take on a story; screenplay, edit or shot taking is completely different from mine. So this is an amazing opportunity for me to see what you have to offer.”
The top five films from the contest will be officially premiered on Viacom18’s sub-culture music channel Pepsi MTV Indies, and the winners will receive a cash prize.