- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Viacom18 appoints Nitin Alawadhi as national head sales of ‘Live’ arm
MUMBAI: Viacom18 has appointed Nitin Alawadhi as the national sales head of its experiential marketing arm Live Viacom18.
In his new role, Alawadhi will lead the business development team at Live Viacom18 to drive revenues and build a strong clientele across India.
Launched in 2013, Live Viacom18 creates large-format event IPs such as Vh1 Supersonic, MTV Bollyland, Emerge, MTV Indies Extreme and MTV Indies SPIRO along with international award formats like MTV Video Music Awards India (VMAI), Kids Choice Awards, et al.
Alawadhi joins Live Viacom18 from Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd (BCCL) where he spearheaded the integrated brand communications and experiential marketing divisions. With dual management degrees in Marketing and International Trade Management from CMD and NMIMS, Alawadhi, in his career spanning close to two decades, has worked in designing brand campaign, media planning, building statutory audit/ legal frameworks and strategic alliances.
Live Viacom18 SVP and business head Jaideep Singh said, “Nitin’s experience in successfully driving revenues for the integrated brand communications and experiential marketing platform will add great value to the Live division at Viacom18. The experience and calibre is apt to be leading a dynamic and ever-aggressive brand like ours that is always in a transition for better compliance with market needs.”
Commenting on his appointment, Alawadhi said, “Live Viacom18 is an iconic brand that works towards simulating marketing-led initiatives with entertainment brands of the organisation, producing strong IPs in awards, music and kids’ space. I am truly excited to be a part of this wave that has the potential to change the DNA of brands. I hope my experience helps creating an upsurge in the ‘Live’ business and provide unrivalled value to associating brands for strong and lasting partnerships.”