- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Viacom Intl Media Networks to expand channels in Malaysia
MUMBAI: Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a division of Viacom and HyppTV, a IPTV service by Telekom Malaysia Berhad, have announced their collaboration to launch Paramount Channel for the first time in Malaysia.
As part of the same agreement, two more Viacom channels, MTV Asia and Nickelodeon, will also join the HyppTV service from 1 August. This will extend Viacom’s suite of channels available on the platform, which already includes Comedy Central Asia and Nick Jr. All five Viacom channels will also be available on HyppTV’s mobile app, HyppTV Everywhere. Details about the packaging and price plans will be announced in the coming weeks.
“Expanding the reach of Paramount Channel, MTV and Nickelodeon with HyppTV in Malaysia, enables us to meet the growing demand for our differentiated and high quality content to TM’s subscribers. We are delighted to bring Paramount Channel to Malaysia for the first time with TM, as we continue to expand the footprint of the fastest-growing brand in VIMN’s international portfolio. Paramount Channel offers audiences one of the most unique and creatively-curated movie viewing experiences. We look forward to offering a truly engaging programming line-up with our great content which HyppTV audiences will love in Malaysia,” said Viacom International Media Networks Southeast Asia senior VP, GM Paras Sharma.
Commenting on the collaboration, executive VP, New Media, TM Jeremy Kung said, “We are thrilled to announce the arrival of Paramount Channel in Malaysia, first on HyppTV. This will strengthen the family programming line-up for viewers in Malaysia. We are also pleased to add Nickelodeon and MTV Asia to the mix, which will enable us to continue to reach our kids and youth audiences.”