- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Viacom appoints Amit Arora as VP of strategy, biz development
MUMBAI: Viacom International Media Networks has appointed former BBC Worldwide Asia head of strategy and business development Amit Arora as VP of strategy and business development.
Arora joins the company the week after Paras Sharma was promoted to SVP of digital media and Asia for Viacom’s MTV and Comedy Central brands.
Arora brings 15 years of experience in media, having worked for ABC Television/The Walt Disney Company, Turner Broadcasting, and Time Warner Cable in the US.
VIMN EVP and MD for Asia Mark Whitehead commented, “Amit has a strong track record in driving business growth and executing new channel and digital expansion. His outstanding analytical and strategic abilities, coupled with extensive knowledge in the media and telecom sectors, enable him to develop effective growth strategies. He will be a terrific addition to the team as we position the organisation for future growth and strengthen our competitive leverage in the region.”