- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Viacom appoints Amit Arora as VP of strategy, biz development
MUMBAI: Viacom International Media Networks has appointed former BBC Worldwide Asia head of strategy and business development Amit Arora as VP of strategy and business development.
Arora joins the company the week after Paras Sharma was promoted to SVP of digital media and Asia for Viacom’s MTV and Comedy Central brands.
Arora brings 15 years of experience in media, having worked for ABC Television/The Walt Disney Company, Turner Broadcasting, and Time Warner Cable in the US.
VIMN EVP and MD for Asia Mark Whitehead commented, “Amit has a strong track record in driving business growth and executing new channel and digital expansion. His outstanding analytical and strategic abilities, coupled with extensive knowledge in the media and telecom sectors, enable him to develop effective growth strategies. He will be a terrific addition to the team as we position the organisation for future growth and strengthen our competitive leverage in the region.”