- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Viacom appoints Amit Arora as VP of strategy, biz development
MUMBAI: Viacom International Media Networks has appointed former BBC Worldwide Asia head of strategy and business development Amit Arora as VP of strategy and business development.
Arora joins the company the week after Paras Sharma was promoted to SVP of digital media and Asia for Viacom’s MTV and Comedy Central brands.
Arora brings 15 years of experience in media, having worked for ABC Television/The Walt Disney Company, Turner Broadcasting, and Time Warner Cable in the US.
VIMN EVP and MD for Asia Mark Whitehead commented, “Amit has a strong track record in driving business growth and executing new channel and digital expansion. His outstanding analytical and strategic abilities, coupled with extensive knowledge in the media and telecom sectors, enable him to develop effective growth strategies. He will be a terrific addition to the team as we position the organisation for future growth and strengthen our competitive leverage in the region.”