- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Varun Kohli is India News CEO
MUMBAI: News network iTV Network has elevated Varun Kohli to the role of chief executive officer of the national Hindi news channel India News.
Prior to the elevation, Kohli was serving as the chief operating officer and revenue head of India News.
In his new role, Kohli will be responsible for leading the growth of the channel to the next level. He will report to iTV Network group CRO and NewsX CEO Sanjay Dua.
iTV Network MD Kartikeya Sharma said, “We are delighted to elevate Varun as the CEO of India News. This elevation is in line with our commitment to growth. His skills and wide experience will surely help India news reach the next level of growth.”
Dua added, “Over the course of time, Varun has played a more central role in the leadership of the company and with his elevation to CEO, India News; he will take on an even wider role. His strong track record of delivering growth and understanding of industry will help our continued success, moving forward.”
Kohli stated, “iTV network is a young and dynamic organization which has witnessed tremendous growth in the recent years and I am privileged to be a part of this journey. My focus will be to lead India News to the next level of growth and tap newer opportunities in the ever expanding Hindi news space.”
With a professional experience spanning over 21 years, Kohli is a sales specialist and is credited with creating sustainable business development and management strategies that have increased top and bottom lines and enhanced efficiency in organisations.
Prior to joining ITV network, Kohli was the head of sales for IBN7. His career includes stints at Amar Ujala, Bennett, Coleman & Company Ltd, Deccan Chronicle, Dainik Bhaskar, Hindustan times and Indian Express.