- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
Univision cuts ties with Miss World TV show over Trump comments
MUMBAI: US Spanish-language broadcast network Univision Communications’ entertainment division is ending the company’s business relationship with the Miss Universe Organisation, which is part-owned by Donald Trump.
The company said that the decision was taken based on his recent, insulting remarks about Mexican immigrants. In a statement the company said, “At Univision, we see first-hand the work ethic, love for family, strong religious values and the important role Mexican immigrants and Mexican-Americans have had and will continue to have in building the future of our country. We will not be airing the Miss USA pageant on 12 July or working on any other projects tied to the Trump Organisation.
“Univision News and the local news division will continue to provide comprehensive coverage of all candidates, including Mr. Trump, to ensure our audience continues to have access to all points of view.”