- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Univision cuts ties with Miss World TV show over Trump comments
MUMBAI: US Spanish-language broadcast network Univision Communications’ entertainment division is ending the company’s business relationship with the Miss Universe Organisation, which is part-owned by Donald Trump.
The company said that the decision was taken based on his recent, insulting remarks about Mexican immigrants. In a statement the company said, “At Univision, we see first-hand the work ethic, love for family, strong religious values and the important role Mexican immigrants and Mexican-Americans have had and will continue to have in building the future of our country. We will not be airing the Miss USA pageant on 12 July or working on any other projects tied to the Trump Organisation.
“Univision News and the local news division will continue to provide comprehensive coverage of all candidates, including Mr. Trump, to ensure our audience continues to have access to all points of view.”